Welcome to the EDP Murcia Marathon!
Do you know Murcia yet?
Murcia is the seventh most populated city in Spain, and lies in the meadow of the river Segura, in the fertile land once known as the “vegetable garden of Europe”.
The climate of Murcia is hot in Summer, great for outdoor activities and going to the beach, and so benign in Winter as to hold a full Marathon event in ideal temperatures, between 10 and 15 °C (check latest prediction in DarkSky!). Murcia is also a very flat city, a little over sea level, and protected from sea winds by the mountains of Carrascoy. Don’t you think Murcia is a great place to run your next Marathon?
Murcia is easily reached by road, bus and train, and has three close international airports: the new International Airport of Region of Murcia (code RMU), which will probably be receiving flights soon; the Airport of San Javier (SJV); and the better known Airport of Alicante – El Altet (ALC).
Enjoy your time in Murcia. There is plenty to see and discover, from the monumental Cathedral to our delicious gastronomy.
You can get very convenient lodging in Murcia thanks to the Tourism Council of Murcia. Selected hotels have agreed to offer discounts and special services to participants in the Marathon: late checkout and early breakfast (subject to conditions, check at the hotel).
To profit from this offer check in using the website of the Tourism Council.
The EDP Murcia Marathon 2019 will hold the next events:
- The Sixth Edition of the EDP Murcia Marathon, 42915 meters.
- The Second Half Marathon, 21097 meters.
- The 10000 meters Popular Race.
All of them will take place in January 27, 2019, Sunday, starting at 9:00 AM, having 6 hours to complete the full marathon, 2 hours and a half for the Half, and 90 minutes for the 10k.
For all the races, there are different categories for sex and age group: Junior (born in 2001 or 2002, only for 10k and Half Marathon races), Promises (1998 to 2000), Senior (up to 34 y/o), Master 35 (up to 39 y/o), Master 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70 and 75 (75 y/o and older) and Hand-Bikes (without age groups, only for Marathon race). For the Marathon race there are also the special categories Local, and Regional for residents in the metropolitan area and region.
There will be trophies for the fastest three runners of each race, sex and age group, plus trophies for the fastest three of the absolute category. Participants of the Marathon and Half Marathon will receive a finisher medal at the finish line.
- Start boxes, for the participants of the Marathon, for three different time targets.
- Pacemakers at different speeds, for the participants of the Marathon.
- Refreshment points, located every 5 kilometers along the circuit, with water and isotonic drinks. For the runners of the Marathon, and at the finish line, there will be solid refreshments (fruit, cereal bars…).
- Medical services, podology and physiotherapy, during and after the race.
- Showers available in a near location.
- Inscribe your finisher medal at the finish line (paid during registration).
- Goody bag with:
- Commemorative technical T-Shirt (different model for 42k and other distances).
- Yet another technical T-Shirt from UCAM (for all distances).
- Technical socks (only for the Full and Half Marathon races, registrations upto December 31).
- Finisher medal (for all the races), which you can engrave for three euros just after the race.
- Participation certificate.
- Athletic arm sleeves (only for the Marathon race).
- Finish line photo (cannot be guaranteed for every runner).
- Other presents from the sponsors.
- Merchandising for everyone interested.
Note: registrations must be done before December 31 for Marathon and before January 15 for the other races to guarantee the requested T-shirt and socks size.
Registration for all races start in August 3, and end in January 15 for the Marathon and January 22 for the other races. Please register before January 1 to guarantee a T-shirt of your chosen size.
These are the registration fees:
|Race||Until September 30||Until December 15||Until January 15/22|
|Marathon||38 €||44 €||50 €|
|Half Marathon||16 €||18 €||22 €|
|Popular 10k||10 €||12 €||15 €|
There is an extra fee of 2 € in concept of day federative license for those runners without a valid RFEA (Spanish Athletics Federation) or FAMU (Athletics Federation of Region of Murcia) license.
Registration fees will not be returned under any circumstance. However, the holder of the registration can transfer its rights to another person, by communicating to us all the relevant data of the new holder using the support ticket system.
Collecting your bib number
Bib numbers and goody bags must be collected on Friday and Saturday January 25 and 26 of 2018, in our Runners’ Fair.
- To collect the bib number, passport or ID must be shown on request. Having a copy of the payment receipt or registration ticket is recommended.
- If you need someone to collect your bib number for you, the receipt or tickets is required, along a copy of the passport or ID and an authorization signed by the owner.
- If you still have trouble, you can come on Sunday January 27, from 7:00 to 8:00 AM, but we beg you to come the days before.
It will be located in the Town Sport Center Nuevo Cagigal, in Calle Auditorium, 3.
It will open following this schedule:
- Friday 25: from 17:00 to 21:00.
- Saturday 26: from 10:00 to 14:00 and from 17:00 to 21:00.
Please use our support ticket system for any question related to your participation in the race:
Once you are registered, you can use the next link to check your registration:
For any other purposes, you can use our email:
By using our email you are giving CLUB MURCIA CHALLENGE consent to store and use with the finality related to the event, commercial and promotional, of your personal data included in such communication. CLUB MURCIA CHALLENGE states its respect to the confidentiality of the personal data of the users according to the current regulations.